What is LLD?:
Each year, the leaders of Occoneechee Lodge gather for a Lodge Leadership Development event. The purpose of the event is to build the team of lodge leaders who will guide Lodge 104 for the coming year. The event consists of a number of training sessions that will help us all focus our attentions on issues our lodge needs to again attain the National Quality Lodge distinction.
You, as a valued leader of Occoneechee, are invited to participate in this exciting event. As a leader, you know that your attendance is vital to your success in the coming year.
About This Year’s Event:
Campbell University and Occoneechee Lodge 104 have for the ninth year joined in partnership to train the elected Chapter and Lodge Youth and Adult Leadership in November 2016 at the annual Lodge Leadership Development. The subjects have been selected and instructors recruited. They will use a National Order of the Arrow Outline for their subject presentation. We will gather in November at Campbell University to prepare the newly elected chapter and lodge leaders for their year of leadership.
Do I attend the day or weekend event?
|All lodge members are invited to spend Saturday at LLD and take advantage of the training events offered. The event begins at 8:15 am and will end at 5:30 pm end on Saturday, November 12th.||The full weekend event is required for all LEC members (definition see below), as well as all Lodge Chairman and their advisers. The full weekend event includes special breakout sessions and a full LEC Meeting.|
2016 Training SessionsThese training sessions are in no particular order.
|AIA Committee Meeting||Cody Helm|
|History of Native American Regalia and Customs||Art Ferguson|
|The Key to Personal and Group Finance||Tyler Brezina|
|The Science of Effective Communication||Nicholas Anderson|
|Effective Elangomats||Tim Cameron & Michael Glennon|
|Member Retention||Seth Holloway|
|Time Management & Setting Goals||Gray Barnhill|
|Know the Ranks||Stephen Nuttall|
|Chapter Chief Meeting||Stephen Nuttall|
|Chapter Vice Chief of Program Meeting||Colin Moore|
|Chapter Vice Chief of Admin Meeting||Zack Cochran|
|Chapter Vice Chief of Communications Meeting||Nicholas Anderson|
|Chapter Vice Chief of Finance Meeting||Tyler Brezina|
|Trail to Botherhood||Brian Lehrschall|
|Path to Unit Elections||Stephen Nuttall|
|Life on Summer Camp Staff||Nicholas Anderson|
|Adults Working with Youth||Keith Biegert & Kevin Blackwood|
|Lodgemaster Training||Keith Biegert & Kevin Blackwood|
|Going Bananas for Leadership||Past Chiefs|
Day Event Details:
- Date: November 12th, 2016
- Location: Campbell University – Lundy-Fetterman School of Business (Map)
- Cost: The day event (all lodge members) is $10.
- Check-in: 8:15 am Saturday
- Check-out: 5:30 pm Saturday
- What to bring: Class A full uniform required for meetings and meals, notebook and pen (recommended)
Weekend Event Details:
- LEC members should plan to attend LLD for the entire weekend.
- Cost: $25
- Check-in for the LEC is 7:00 pm Friday
- Check-out: Sunday approximately noon but could be sooner.
- What to bring: Class A full uniform required for meetings and meals, sleeping pad, sleeping bag or cot.
- There will be a mandatory meeting for the entire Executive Committee Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning
- Sleeping accommodations will be indoors, so bring a sleeping bag and pad, but camping gear is not necessary.
Lodge Executive Committee Members: (Chapter Chiefs/Advisers, Lodge Committee Chairs/Advisers, and Lodge Key 12)